Help Using the Caribbean Database
- Searching is case-insensitive.
- Use the "All Taxonomy" field to enter any taxonomic level (e.g., class, order, family, genus, species)
- You can use the following symbols to perform more advanced searches:
To speed up the searches try to use multiple criteria to limit the number of found records- the greatest time is spent in sorting large numbers of records.
- "=" sign followed by a word will look for the exact spelling e.g., =Mantis will find all species of the genus Mantis but not Mantispa
- "*"sign followed by a combination of letters will find all records having entries ending in this combination e.g., *cephalus will find Conocephalus, Brachycephalus etc.
- "*"sign inserted between two combinations of letters will find all records having entries beginning and ending with these combinations e.g., v*sus will find vitosus, variolosus etc.